#0021 – Phyre Phryday VBlog 05222020 – Mouth & Bow Drill Tests & 1st LIVE STREAM NEXT WEEK!
Hello Global Tribe of PhyreKeepers (GTOP)!
05/22/2020 – Our 21st Vlog opens with the video to your right. Late again. I am REALLY BUSY with my Nursing jobs.
Next PHRYDAY, 05/29/2020, we will be attempting our 1st LIVE STREAM VLOG! The theme is:
THE BAMBOO (PS) PHYRE SAW!!
Within this weeks VLOG are the PREPARATIONS you can make to join us to follow along to do a BAMBOO (PS) PHYRE SAW from START TO FINISH.
When I usually come across folks who attempt Bamboo (PS) Phyre Saw on their own and are having troubles, HALF THE TIME I can point to BAD MATERIAL SELECTION. But, this is not their fault. They don’t know what are “GOOD MATERIALS.”
Here is a quick list of what I mentioned (AND DID NOT MENTION) in the VLOG for preparations:
(NOTE: This selection process will take a few minutes. Take your time selecting properly! WATCH THE VLOG BEFORE YOU SHOP!)
1) Go to your “Big Box Store” to find and get (Plain!) Bamboo Tiki Torches. Bring a short RULER!
2) Select Bamboo that has NO CRACKS down their lengths.
3) Select the Bamboo that has DIAMETERS of AT LEAST 1 INCH.
4) Select the straightest possible Bamboo with NODES AT LEAST 8 INCHES APART.
5) Select Bamboo where the WALL THICKNESS is 1/8th”! Even 3/16th of an inch can be TOO MUCH SURFACE AREA.
6) You are going to cut these to a certain length section when you get home.
PLEASE watch the VLOG to see what I mean.
For NEXT WEEK’S LIVE STREAM, YOU WILL NEED:
1) Another person or 2 to help hold the Base Section down.
2) Your small carving knife. (Preferably full tang.)
3) A NATURAL (Jute) tinder bundle. (NEVER USE COLORED JUTE! ITS TOXIC!)
4) A sturdy Table Top that is either groin high or have something large and sturdy to stand on so that it is groin high. This is because you must have your body weight on top of the devices much like the (BD) Bow Drill.
5) Have BandAids ready – just in case. Bamboo is wicked sharp!
And then, BTW, I try to show a POPLAR (POPLUS SPP.) (MD) Mouth Drill and a PINE (PINUS SPP.) (BD) Bow Drill in this week’s VLOG #2100.
( I DID EVENTUALLY GET THE (MD) MOUTH DRILL GOING! SEE PICTURE BELOW VIDEO.)
There is a Universe of many other Methods (Basics) waiting for you to Discover and Explore…
Still VERY busy trying to update my PhyreDojo site and fulfilling Orders while making these VLOGS and Balancing Life in general…
Gambarimasho Yo! (Japanese for “Let’s Keep Going!)
“May everyone around you feel and be safer because you are there.”
Joe Lau, RN